The Midpoint Review is your opportunity to present the concept for your Thesis Project to your instructors and professionals from the field. Both the written book and oral presentation should reflect professionalism and care. Your concept should be thoroughly researched and present evidence of your ability to achieve your stated goals.
Through graduate study you are preparing to become a leader in your chosen area of specialization. The Final Thesis Project will demonstrate the knowledge and skills gained during your studies. Your completed Thesis Project should be a visually powerful and cohesive body of work representing your achievements at the Academy of Art University.
Showcase Projects: Painting
*Personal content has been removed from projects
Guidelines & Templates
Your review guidelines are strictly defined and must be followed. Online students should also view the 'Online Technical Requirements' document for technical information regarding the web conference where you will hold your Online Review.
Master of Fine of Arts:
- Fine Art Painting Midpoint Review Guidelines (PDF)
- Fine Art Painting Final Review Guidelines (PDF)
- PowerPoint Template for FA Online Students (PPT)
- Online Technical Requirements (PDF)
Master of Arts:
To learn more about the Academy of Art University's School of Fine Art please visit the following pages:
- MFA Final Thesis Preparation
- MFA Midpoint Preparation - Part 1 (Video)
- MFA Midpoint Preparation - Part 2 (Video)
- Nuts and Bolts - Framing (Video)
- Nuts and Bolts - Marketing - Part 1 (Video)
- Nuts and Bolts - Marketing - Part 2 (Video)
- Nuts and Bolts - Pricing - Part 1 (Video)
- Nuts and Bolts - Pricing - Part 2 (PPT)